Jelly Recipe: Yoghurt and Orange Jelly
Jelly has always been a favorite amongst everyone in the family. But we are sure you have been restricting yourself from diving into the delicious dessert for some or the other health reason. That’s why Ponmathi Srilekha from Lekha Foods is here to fulfill your jelly craving with a recipe which is tummy, delicious, simple and yet healthy. Sounds too good to be true? It really is.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
• 30 grams powdered gelatine
• 2 tablespoon water
• 500 ml orange juice
• 300 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
1. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof bowl and leave until sponge like.
2. Place the bowl in a pan of hot water and stir well until the gelatine becomes syrupy. Remove from the heat and cool for 2 minutes.
3. Put the orange juice and yoghurt in a separate bowl, pour in the gelatine, and then mix thoroughly.
4. Pour into a chilled mould. Leave it to set, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images