This is a discussion on Very interesting unknown Facts within the F.A.C.T.S forums, part of the :- Life Style -: category; Here are some interesting, but true facts, that you may or may not have known.
1. The Statue of Liberty's ...
Here are some interesting, but true facts, that you may or may not have known.
1. The Statue of Liberty's index finger is eight feet long.
2. Rain has never been recorded in some parts of the Atacama Desert in Chile.
3. A 75 year old person will have slept about 23 years.
4. Boeing 747's wing span is longer than the Wright brother's first flight. The Wright brother's invented the airplane.
5. There are as many chickens on earth as there are humans.
6. One type of hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
7. The word "set" has the most number of definitions in the English language; 192 Slugs have four noses.
8. Sharks can live up to 100 years.
9. Mosquitos are more attracted to the color blue than any other color.
10. Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
11. About 75 acres of pizza are eaten in in the U.S. everyday.
12. The largest recorded snowflake was 15 Inch wide and 8 Inch thick. It fell in Montana in 1887.
13. The tip of a bullwhip moves so fast that the sound it makes is actually a tiny sonic boom.
14. Former president Bill Clinton only sent 2 emails in his entire 8 year presidency.
15. Koalas and humans are the only animals that have finger prints.
16. There are 200,000,000 insects for every one human.
17. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery had in it to begin with.
18. The world's largest Montessori school is in India, with 26,312 students in 2002.
19. Octopus have three hearts.
20. If you ate too many carrots, you would turn orange.
21. The average person spends two weeks waiting for a traffic light to change.
22. 1 in 2,000,000,000 people will live to be 116 or old.
23. The body has 2-3 million sweat glands.
24. Sperm whales have the biggest brains; 20 lbs.
25. Tiger shark embryos fight each other in their mother's womb. The survivor is born.
26. Most cats are left pawed.
27. 250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
28. A Blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant.
29. You use 14 muscles to smile and 43 to frown. Keep Smiling!
30. Bamboo can grow up to 3 ft in 24 hours.
31. An eyeball weighs about 1 ounce.
Why should the wedding ring be worn on the fourth finger?
The Facts of the Life
Why should the wedding ring be worn on the fourth finger?
There is a beautiful and convincing explanation given by the Chinese.....
Thumb represents your Parents
Second (Index) finger represents your Siblings
Middle finger represents your-Self
Fourth (Ring) finger represents your Life Partner
& the Last (Little) finger represents your children
Firstly, open your palms (face to face), bend the middle fingers and hold them together - back to back
Secondly, open and hold the remaining three fingers and the thumb - tip to tip
Now, try to separate your thumbs (representing the parents)..., they will open, because your parents are not destined to live with you lifelong, and have to leave you sooner or later.
Please join your thumbs as before and separate your Index fingers (representing siblings)...., they will also open, because your brothers and sisters will have their own families and will have to lead their own separate lives.
Now join the Index fingers and separate your Little fingers (representing your children)...., they will open too, because the children also will get married and settle down on their own some day.
Finally, join your Little fingers, and try to separate your Ring fingers (representing your spouse).
You will be surprised to see that you just CANNOT....., because Husband & Wife have to remain together all their lives - through thick and thin!!
Please try this out.............
ISN'T THIS A LOVELY THEORY?
Some spooky facts about 11.
How spooky are the following facts!!!
This is definitely weird..... read on.....
11 has become a very interesting number. It could be a forced
coincidence, but in any case the following is very interesting. Have a read and decide for your self:
1) New York City has 11 letters
2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.
3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened the Twin Towers in 1993)
has 11 letters.
4) George W Bush has 11 letters.
This could be a mere coincidence.... could it be true???? Now here is what is interesting.
1) New York is the state 11.
2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight no 11.
4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers. Add this 6+5 = 11
5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known, 9 + 1 + 1 = 11
6) The date is equal to the emergency number 911. Adding 9+1+1+= 11.
Now this is very upsetting.
1) The total number of victims inside the planes were 254. 2 + 5 + 4 = 11
2) The day September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2 + 5 + 4 + = 11. Leaving 111 days left in the year.
3) The tragedy of 3/11/2004 in Madrid also adds up to 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.
4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers. 9+1+1= 11
Eight Unknown Facts About Sir Isaac Newton
His Birth Was Premature
Isaac Newton wasn't expected to survive as he was born prematurely. It is said that he was so small when he was born that he could have fit inside a quart mug.
He Was Almost a Farmer
Newton's mother insisted that he becomes a farmer when he was 17 because he was born in a farming family. If it weren't for his uncle, he would have never attended Trinity College in Cambridge.
He Kept His Publications Secret
Although majority of Newton's discoveries were made when he was in his early to mid twenties, he didn't publish them until many years later. This resulted in many arguments over credit.
The True Story About Newton and His Apple
We always heard of a story that Newton was walking around his garden at Woolsthorpe Manor when he saw a falling apple, inspired by which he formulated the theory of universal gravitation. But Newton himself said that he was in his house staring through the window when he saw an apple fall from a tree.
Newton Was an Alchemist
Newton had a secret interest in alchemy. His studies regarding alchemy (the making of gold and silver from a base metal) were kept secret as it was a crime under an act of 1404. He recorded his studies in willfully cryptic language.
Newton Was Extremely Religious
Even though people use Newton's work, particularly the law of motion and universal gravitation to argue against the existence of God, Newton himself was extremely religious. He used to say that, "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done." Despite his deep religious belief, Newton didn't believe the existence of spirits and ghosts.
Newton Was Passionate About The Bible
Newton was so passionate about Bible that he wrote more about religion than about science and mathematics! He calculated the date of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ as April 3, A.D. 33. He even predicted that the Jews would return to Israel. He was also passionate to find the hidden meanings in the Bible.
As a Politician He Uttered Just One Sentence
Newton served as a Member of Parliament for exactly one year (1689 - 1690). During all the lengthy proceedings, he spoke only once: he asked a nearby person to close an open window!
33 Facts(?) about Guyz..............Girls r surely going to read it *Believe it or not.......
1. Guys don't actually look after good-looking girls. they prefer neat and presentable girls.
2. Guys hate flirts.
3.When a guy says he doesn't understand you, it simply means you're not thinking the way he is.
4. Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about. 5. "Are you doing something?" or "Have you eaten already?" are the first usual questions a guy asks on the phone just to get out from stammering.
6. Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about.
7. When a guy really likes you, he'll disregard all your bad characteristics.
8. Guys go crazy over a girl's smile.
9. Guys will do anything just to get the girl's attention.
10. Guys hate it when you talk about your ex-boyfriend.
11. When guys want to meet your parents. Let them.
12. Guys want to tell you many things but they can't. And they sure have one habit to gain courage and spirit to tell you many things and it is drinking!
13. Guys cry!!!
14. Don't provoke the guy to heat up. Believe me He will.
15. Guys can never dream and hope too much.
16. Guys usually try hard to get the girl who has dumped them, and this makes it harder for them to accept their defeat.
17. When you touch a guy's heart, there's no turning back.
18. Giving a guy a hanging message like "You know what?!..uh...never mind!" would make him jump to a conclusion that is far from what you are thinking.
19. Guys go crazy when girls touch their hands.
20. Guys are good flatterers when courting but they usually stammer when they talk to a girl they really like.
21. When a guy makes a prolonged "umm" or makes any excuses when you are asking him to do you a favor, he's actually saying that he doesn't like you and he can't lay down the card for you.
22. When a girl says "no", a guy hears it as "try again tomorrow."
23. You have to tell a guy what you really want before he gets the message clearly.
24. Guys hate gays!
25. Guys love their moms.
26. A guy would sacrifice his money for lunch just to get you a couple of roses.
27. A guy often thinks about the girl who likes him. But this doesn't mean that the guy likes her.
28 You can never understand him unless you listen to him.
29. If a guy tells you he loves you once in a lifetime. He does.
30. Beware. Guys can make gossips scatter through half of the face of the earth faster than girls can.
31. Like Eve, girls are guys’ weaknesses.
32. Guys are very open about themselves.
33. It's good to test a guy first before you believe him. But don't let him wait that long.
---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------
Some really funny but true facts..
A man will pay for a item he needs.
A woman will pay for a item that she doesn’t need.
GENERAL EQUATIONS & STATISTICS
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to
understand her at all.
Married men live longer than single men do, but married men are a lot
more willing to die.
PROPENSITY TO CHANGE
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn’t.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won’t change, and she does.
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------
Smart man + smart woman = romance