| | Who is Anna Hazare ? [ Bio / Profile ]
Anna Hazarea 1. Who is Anna Hazare?
Started his career as a driver in the Army and turned into a social activist.
2. What's so special about him?
He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra
3. So what?
This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself from solar power, biofuel and wind mills.
In 1975, it was a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest villages in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & known for communal harmony village.
This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known figure for his social activities.
5. Really, what is he fighting for?
He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.
6. How that can be possible?
He is advocating for a Bil, The Lok Pal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), bureaucrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
8. It's an entirely new thing right..?
In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been ignored by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit their theft (corruption).
7. Oh.. He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing a Bill ! How can that be possible in such a short span of time?
- The first thing he is asking for is: the government should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed.
- Next, they make a joint committee to DRAFT the LOK PAL BILL. 50% government participation and 50% public participation. Because you cant trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.
8. Fine, What will happen when this bill is passed?
A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. Their job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished. Not like, Bofors scam or Bhopal Gas Tragedy case, that has been going for last 25 years without any result.
9. Is he alone? Who else is there in the fight with Anna Hazare?
Baba Ramdev, Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi, Social Activist Swami Agnivesh, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal and many more.
Prominent personalities like Aamir Khan is supporting his cause.
10. Ok, got it. What can I do?
At least we can spread the message.
Putting status message, links, video, changing profile pics.
- At least we can support Anna Hazare and the cause for uprooting corruption from India.
- At least we can hope that his Hunger Strike does not go in vain.
Are you ready? Act now. Dear PunjabiJunktion User, you are missing out engaging in the lively talks going on on the issue Anna Hazarea. In addition you lose out on the interesting interactions with many other people and other member special features that PunjabiJunktion offer you. Don’t get deprived of not being a part of the India's most popular discussion portal on Desi Entertainment. Please have your say
- At least we can pray for his good health.