iOS 4.2.2 for Apple TV now available
4.2.2 (registered on Apple
’s servers as build 8F305 of iOS
4.3) for the 2nd generation Apple
TV. According to Apple’s documentation, the newest software update includes the following:
- Audio: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
of the iPhone Dev Team tweeted a warning
to those with an Apple TV that is currently using an untethered jailbreak
, urging them to avoid the software update for now. Those uninterested in a jailbreak
can feel free to update to 4.2.2 and enjoy the newest bug fixes and improvements.