Go Back   Punjabi Junktion » :- General -: » Help | Feedback | Support

Search Function FAQ

This is a discussion on Search Function FAQ within the Help | Feedback | Support forums, part of the :- General -: category; Before posting a thread which may have been done before, it is appriciated by staff if you would search to ...

Old 04-22-2011
Neeru

Exclamation Search Function FAQ

Before posting a thread which may have been done before, it is appriciated by staff if you would search to see if the topic exists already.

First, here is the "Advanced Search" Option it is on the top toolbar below "Search" and "Private Messaging"

Step 1
( Click to show/hide )

Once you are in advanced mode, you can narrow done your search. Below is indicated where to search only the titles. Helpful for looking for dupe topics.

Step 2
( Click to show/hide )

Note that common search terms, such as prepostitions "a" "the" "at" "from" will mess up your search.

For those, try using only less common words and narrow your search with other criteria - such as where it is.

You can also include criteria such as date. Date as a criteria can be useful if you want you wanted updates -- Example: If I wanted to hear the last gossip about when Dev meet Radhika in Choti Bahu, I'd add the date criteria "Since I last visited" Or I've I wanted to look at earlier posts of someone with more that 500 posts, I'd set the date criteria to a few months and put them in "Ascending Order" (first to last)

Setting the number of replies to a higher number will weed out the threads that were trashed immediately.

If you want to find something Person X said to Person Y, search posts by "X" containing "Y" (or maybe a nick Y goes by)

---------------------------------------

()
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neeru For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011
Neeru

Another work around for search is by using Google.

In the google search box type
"site:forum.punjabijunktion.co.in". After that enter your search term. If you want to look up a phrase, put the phrase between quotation marks.

Tags
faq, function, search

PunjabiJunktion.Co.In tested by Norton Security PunjabiJunktion.Co.In tested by McAfee Security